Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Apache Jenkins Server <je...@builds.apache.org> on 2012/03/08 06:25:02 UTC

[JENKINS] Lucene-Solr-tests-only-trunk - Build # 12655 - Still Failing

Build: https://builds.apache.org/job/Lucene-Solr-tests-only-trunk/12655/

1 tests failed.
FAILED:  junit.framework.TestSuite.org.apache.solr.cloud.BasicDistributedZkTest

Error Message:
ERROR: SolrIndexSearcher opens=93 closes=92

Stack Trace:
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: ERROR: SolrIndexSearcher opens=93 closes=92
	at org.apache.solr.SolrTestCaseJ4.endTrackingSearchers(SolrTestCaseJ4.java:211)
	at org.apache.solr.SolrTestCaseJ4.afterClassSolrTestCase(SolrTestCaseJ4.java:100)
	at org.apache.lucene.util.SystemPropertiesRestoreRule$1.evaluate(SystemPropertiesRestoreRule.java:20)
	at org.apache.lucene.util.StoreClassNameRule$1.evaluate(StoreClassNameRule.java:21)
	at org.apache.lucene.util.SystemPropertiesInvariantRule$1.evaluate(SystemPropertiesInvariantRule.java:22)

Build Log (for compile errors):
[...truncated 10341 lines...]

Re: [JENKINS] Lucene-Solr-tests-only-trunk - Build # 12655 - Still Failing

Posted by Dawid Weiss <da...@cs.put.poznan.pl>.
> It seems to me that the Lucene tests are about equally stable looking at hudson histories :)

Oh, I didn't mean to differentiate -- I want them BOTH to be running
smoothly. It's just that I can help less with Solr because I know less
about Solr -- that was all I meant to say. Although I did nail that
Long parsing exception recently, if you look at the commit history :)

> I plan on looking into this because it only started on hudson a little while ago - I think perhaps after Yonik did some refactoring around recovery. Clearly something around this recently changed though.

That TestStressNRT in Lucene is fairly new too, I didn't see it
before. Nonetheless, it's getting better.

> But as for all the random occasional fails, thats a much bigger thing than I'm signing up for at the moment :) Hopefully people can chip in where they can as they can on those. The way the tests are these days, there are just a lot of fail paths depending on a lot of variables in both projects. We have worked towards stabilizing them in both projects for years now :)

I do realize how painful it is to debug these things. That's why I
insisted we should try to have tests isolated in the first place to
rule out interdependencies between suites. Solr tests currently leak
out a lot of threads but I haven't looked into how to solve it yet
(but I will). I surely will need help and I will ask for it when the
time comes.

The work on isolation is progressing on my branch here -- LUCENE-3808.
It's been pretty stable (build errors pretty much overlap between
trunk and that branch) -- see the attached screenshot.

Dawid

Re: [JENKINS] Lucene-Solr-tests-only-trunk - Build # 12655 - Still Failing

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.
On Mar 8, 2012, at 1:33 AM, Dawid Weiss wrote:

>> I plan on trying to figure out why a searcher is again occasionally not getting closed here - must be from a recent change. A little busy at the moment, but I'll did in soon.
>
> I get this from time to time too. It'd be awesome to fix these few
> Solr tests that cause these errors -- we'd have a stable build before
> the release.
>
> Dawid

It seems to me that the Lucene tests are about equally stable looking at hudson histories :)

I plan on looking into this because it only started on hudson a little while ago - I think perhaps after Yonik did some refactoring around recovery. Clearly something around this recently changed though.

But as for all the random occasional fails, thats a much bigger thing than I'm signing up for at the moment :) Hopefully people can chip in where they can as they can on those. The way the tests are these days, there are just a lot of fail paths depending on a lot of variables in both projects. We have worked towards stabilizing them in both projects for years now :)

- Mark Miller
lucidimagination.com

Re: [JENKINS] Lucene-Solr-tests-only-trunk - Build # 12655 - Still Failing

Posted by Dawid Weiss <da...@cs.put.poznan.pl>.

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.

On Mar 8, 2012, at 12:25 AM, Apache Jenkins Server wrote:

> Build: https://builds.apache.org/job/Lucene-Solr-tests-only-trunk/12655/
>
> 1 tests failed.
> FAILED:  junit.framework.TestSuite.org.apache.solr.cloud.BasicDistributedZkTest
>
> Error Message:
> ERROR: SolrIndexSearcher opens=93 closes=92
>
> Stack Trace:
> junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: ERROR: SolrIndexSearcher opens=93 closes=92
> 	at org.apache.solr.SolrTestCaseJ4.endTrackingSearchers(SolrTestCaseJ4.java:211)
> 	at org.apache.solr.SolrTestCaseJ4.afterClassSolrTestCase(SolrTestCaseJ4.java:100)
> 	at org.apache.lucene.util.SystemPropertiesRestoreRule$1.evaluate(SystemPropertiesRestoreRule.java:20)
> 	at org.apache.lucene.util.StoreClassNameRule$1.evaluate(StoreClassNameRule.java:21)
> 	at org.apache.lucene.util.SystemPropertiesInvariantRule$1.evaluate(SystemPropertiesInvariantRule.java:22)
>

> Build Log (for compile errors):
> [...truncated 10341 lines...]

- Mark Miller
lucidimagination.com