Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Gianny Damour <gi...@optusnet.com.au> on 2004/07/08 07:13:29 UTC

ClockPool, ThreadPool, deployer.jar and server.jar

Hello,

ClockPool and ThreadPool are in the geronimo-system sub-module. This
latter is in the "Class-Path" of deployer.jar and server.jar. As
concurrent-1.3.2.jar, used by ClockPool and ThreadPool, is not also in
their "Class-Path", it is not possible to install or execute these two
services.

As a matter of fact, these two services are not required to execute
neither CommandLine nor Daemon. So to add concurrent-1.3.2.jar to the
"Class-Path" of deployer.jar and server.jar does not seem to be the
right solution.

After discussion with Alan, it seems that geronimo-core would have been
a better packaging. And this is what I have just committed.
Unfortunately, it was not possible to repackage these two classes
without having to impact the Geronimo Network transport of ActiveMQ (to
copy these two services in the geronimo-core module and to wait for a
migration of ActiceMQ was not possible). I have notified the ActiveMQ
people of this change and submitted a patch.

Cheers,
Gianny