Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jim Moriarty <ji...@destination-net.co.uk> on 2000/06/29 18:54:18 UTC

Unable to find setter method for attribute: maxlength (under jdk1.3)

I've just downloaded the most recent builds of Tomcat 3.2dev, servletapi and
struts am receiving the following error message:

"Ctx( /struts-example ): JasperException: R( /struts-example + /logon.jsp +
null) C:\Java\tomcat\webapps\struts-example\logon.jsp(20,6) Unable to find
setter method for attribute: maxlength"

when accessing either the logon or registration pages of the example
appliction. (The above is from the logon.jsp).

Removing the two references to maxlength in logon.jsp results in this
error...

Ctx( /struts-example ): JasperException: R( /struts-example + /logon.jsp +
null) Unable to compile class for
JSPC:\Java\tomcat\work\localhost_8080%2Fstruts-example\_0002flogon_0002ejspl
ogon_jsp_0.java:65: Undefined variable: _jspx_th_struts_password_3

_jspx_th_struts_message_29.setParent(_jspx_th_struts_password_3);

This ONLY occurs under (suns) jdk1.3 - all is fine under 1.2.2 - any ideas
out there ?

[The source code seems all fine to me, but I have not built from it - using
the nightly binary only]

PS: I'm using Win 2000 workstation

RE: Unable to find setter method for attribute: maxlength (under jdk1.3)

Posted by Scott Ganyo <sc...@etapestry.com>.
FYI, I just got back to looking at this.  I tried the latest daily build and
it works fine on JDK 1.3/Win2k.  Thanks for the help!

Scott

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.

Posted by Scott Ganyo <sc...@etapestry.com>.

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.