Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Han Li <li...@apache.org> on 2022/09/02 09:23:49 UTC

Why JsonErrorReportValve doesn't exist in 8.5.x

Hi all,

I found that JsonErrorReportValve doesn't exist in 8.5.x,but exists in all other branch.
I have looked at the implementation of this class and found nothing at the code level that 8.5.x couldn’t support,
And I also didn’t find any useful information on the mailing list.

So why does 8.5.x not support this feature?

Thanks,

Han

Re: Why JsonErrorReportValve doesn't exist in 8.5.x

Posted by Han Li <li...@apache.org>.

> 2022年9月2日 18:32,Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> 写道:
>
> On 02/09/2022 10:23, Han Li wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> I found that JsonErrorReportValve doesn't exist in 8.5.x,but exists in all other branch.
>> I have looked at the implementation of this class and found nothing at the code level that 8.5.x couldn’t support,
>> And I also didn’t find any useful information on the mailing list.
>> So why does 8.5.x not support this feature?
>
> I don't recall any discussion about this and I can't find anything in the archives.
>
> I'd have no objection to it being back-ported.

OK, I will back-port it to 8.5.x

Han

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.