Posted to dev@any23.apache.org by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org> on 2014/05/14 09:25:43 UTC

Re: [] Apache Any23 Release 1.0

On 14/05/14 01:22, Peter Ansell wrote:
> On 14 May 2014 09:05, Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org> wrote:
>> On 13/05/14 19:33, Lewis John Mcgibbney wrote:
>> Unclarity:
>> org.kohsuke.metainf-services is MIT license? (not that source code is
>> included so not a blocker for me) but I can't find it in LICENCES* for
>> binaries.
>> https://github.com/kohsuke/metainf-services/blob/master/pom.xml
>
> If that dependency is a problem we can easily replace the annotations
> with static files. I have recently been replacing them in other
> projects as they don't play nice with Eclipse and M2E, due to the M2E
> assumption that an annotation processor will never create a resource.

No problem at all - the MIT license has attribution requirement which is
common in permissive licenses.

http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#permissive-deps

The binaries-with-dependencies is shipping the software.

Any project shipping with much javascript is going to end up with a lot
of LICENSE entries, one for each javascript library used, as it is so
common in that space and that's in the source release.

	Andy