Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Paul Gier <pg...@redhat.com> on 2007/07/03 16:14:36 UTC

Attached artifacts collection

Hi Everyone,

I noticed that two attached artifacts could end up with the same name if
they have the same classifier and type.  Both of these artifacts can be
added to the list of attached artifacts, and when deploying the project,
both artifacts are deployed, but the second one overwrites the first.
This doesn't seem like the best default behaviour.  Maybe a check could
be done when attaching an artifact to see if an artifact with the same
name already exists, and a warning could be given that there is a conflict.

It seems like ideally the collection of attached artifacts should be a
Set instead of a List, but changing this would probably break a lot of
existing code, so it might be something for a maven 3.0 release or
never.  But at least the a check and a warning could be added when
adding attached artifacts.

Re: Attached artifacts collection

Posted by Paul Gier <pg...@redhat.com>.
Sorry for the slow reply on this: