Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Daniel Klco <da...@gmail.com> on 2020/10/09 03:21:06 UTC

Sling Feature / Oak Composite Seed Issue

Hey Sling Team,

I figured I'd check here first to see if anyone else had run into this
issue when setting up a composite nodestore with Apache Sling. For some
reason, when I start the seed (but not in standard segment mode), the Sling
Bundle Content Loader cannot install content and fails with the following
exception:

08.10.2020 23:02:19.406 *ERROR* [Apache Sling Repository Startup Thread #1]
org.apache.sling.jcr.contentloader.internal.BundleContentLoader Cannot load
initial content for bundle org.apache.sling.cms.ui : OakConstraint0030:
Uniqueness constraint violated property [jcr:uuid] having value
5f5e23b5-e45b-4c8f-ac2f-fc725e3c14b6:
/libs/sling-cms/components/cms/blank/blank.jsp/jcr:content
javax.jcr.nodetype.ConstraintViolationException: OakConstraint0030:
Uniqueness constraint violated property [jcr:uuid] having value
5f5e23b5-e45b-4c8f-ac2f-fc725e3c14b6:
/libs/sling-cms/components/cms/blank/blank.jsp/jcr:content

You can find the full stack trace here:
https://gist.github.com/klcodanr/4df05582e249486788e3dd6d743a83a3

Seemingly the Oak repository is up and running, but since the Bundle
Content isn't loaded nothing shows up correctly and you get a generic 403
error page.

I've checked the difference (with this script[1]) between the Segment-based
Feature Model and the Composite Seed Feature Model and nothing jumps out.
One thing I did notice is that the index directory when running in the
Segment based instance had significantly more index folders, but I would
assume this is because the Oak Indexes are provided by the Bundle Content
Loader and therefore not being loaded.

Has anyone else run into this or have any other ideas?

Thanks!
-Dan

[1] -
https://github.com/apache/sling-whiteboard/blob/master/feature-model-compare/compare.groovy

Re: Sling Feature / Oak Composite Seed Issue

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
Hi Dan,

On Thu, 2020-10-08 at 23:21 -0400, Daniel Klco wrote:
> Hey Sling Team,
>
> I figured I'd check here first to see if anyone else had run into
> this
> issue when setting up a composite nodestore with Apache Sling. For
> some
> reason, when I start the seed (but not in standard segment mode), the
> Sling
> Bundle Content Loader cannot install content and fails with the
> following
> exception:
>
> 08.10.2020 23:02:19.406 *ERROR* [Apache Sling Repository Startup
> Thread #1]
> org.apache.sling.jcr.contentloader.internal.BundleContentLoader
> Cannot load
> initial content for bundle org.apache.sling.cms.ui :
> OakConstraint0030:
> Uniqueness constraint violated property [jcr:uuid] having value
> 5f5e23b5-e45b-4c8f-ac2f-fc725e3c14b6:
> /libs/sling-cms/components/cms/blank/blank.jsp/jcr:content
> javax.jcr.nodetype.ConstraintViolationException: OakConstraint0030:
> Uniqueness constraint violated property [jcr:uuid] having value
> 5f5e23b5-e45b-4c8f-ac2f-fc725e3c14b6:
> /libs/sling-cms/components/cms/blank/blank.jsp/jcr:content
>
> You can find the full stack trace here:
> https://gist.github.com/klcodanr/4df05582e249486788e3dd6d743a83a3

I can't say I've seen this before. FWIW, the content loader is tricky
to use right now for composite environments, as it stores its state
under /var and therefore after seeding it tries to reinstall the bundle
content, leading to errors ( but instances start up fine ).

Can you check what node has the same UUID? If all else fails, oak-run
explore [1] might be of use.

Thanks,
Robert

[1]: https://github.com/apache/jackrabbit-oak/tree/trunk/oak-run#explore