Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by David kerber <dc...@verizon.net> on 2011/10/19 21:47:31 UTC

Force 32-bit installation on 64-bit windows?

If I use the "32-bit/64-bit bit windows service installer", is there a
way of forcing it to do a 32-bit installation when it's installing on
64-bit windows server 2008?

Or do I need to get the 32-bit windows zip and do it myself?

I've got issues with database connectivity that appear to be related to
the 64-bit db drivers, and want to try a 32-bit installation.  I am
aware that I'll need a 32-bit JRE as well.

Dave

Re: Force 32-bit installation on 64-bit windows?

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.
2011/10/19 Caldarale, Charles R <Ch...@unisys.com>:
>> From: David kerber [mailto:dckerber@verizon.net]
>> Subject: Re: Force 32-bit installation on 64-bit windows?
>
>> So if I select the 32-bit JRE, it should install the 32-bit service?
>
> Not sure if the installer will ask, but if you make the 32-bit JRE the default, it will use that and select the 32-bit service.

Installer asks and allows you to select the JRE
and it will detect whether the chosen one is 32-bit or 64-bit.

See  "Function checkJava" in res/tomcat.nsi

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko

RE: Force 32-bit installation on 64-bit windows?

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: David kerber [mailto:dckerber@verizon.net]
> Subject: Re: Force 32-bit installation on 64-bit windows?

> So if I select the 32-bit JRE, it should install the 32-bit service?

Not sure if the installer will ask, but if you make the 32-bit JRE the default, it will use that and select the 32-bit service.

 - Chuck

Re: Force 32-bit installation on 64-bit windows?

Posted by David kerber <dc...@verizon.net>.
> From: David kerber [mailto:dckerber@verizon.net]
> Subject: Force 32-bit installation on 64-bit windows?
>
> If I use the "32-bit/64-bit bit windows service installer", is there a
> way of forcing it to do a 32-bit installation when it's installing on
> 64-bit windows server 2008?
>
> The current Tomcat Windows installers will auto-detect the mode of the JRE and install the corresponding service.  Note that this affects only the service and the APR library; Tomcat itself is pure Java and is platform-agnostic.
>
>   - Chuck

So if I select the 32-bit JRE, it should install the 32-bit service?
Thanks!

RE: Force 32-bit installation on 64-bit windows?