Posted to user@ranger.apache.org by Loïc Chanel <lo...@telecomnancy.net> on 2016/09/13 09:20:34 UTC

Exception while creating encryption zone

Hi all,

As I was trying to test Ranger KMS, I encountered some troubles.
I created a AES-128 key with ranger KMS named test_lchanel, and as I wanted
to use it to encrypt my home repository using : hdfs crypto -createZone
-keyName test_lchanel -path /user/lchanel, I got the following exception :

16/09/13 11:11:26 WARN retry.RetryInvocationHandler: Exception while
invoking ClientNamenodeProtocolTranslatorPB.createEncryptionZone over null.
Not retrying because try once and fail.
org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException(org.apache.hadoop.security.authorize.AuthorizationException):
        at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client.getRpcResponse(Client.java:1552)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.ipc.ProtobufRpcEngine$Invoker.invoke(ProtobufRpcEngine.java:233)
        at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy10.createEncryptionZone(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocolPB.ClientNamenodeProtocolTranslatorPB.createEncryptionZone(ClientNamenodeProtocolTranslatorPB.java:1426)
        at
        at
        at
org.apache.hadoop.io.retry.RetryInvocationHandler.invokeMethod(RetryInvocationHandler.java:278)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.io.retry.RetryInvocationHandler.invoke(RetryInvocationHandler.java:194)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.io.retry.RetryInvocationHandler.invoke(RetryInvocationHandler.java:176)
        at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy11.createEncryptionZone(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient.createEncryptionZone(DFSClient.java:3337)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DistributedFileSystem.createEncryptionZone(DistributedFileSystem.java:2233)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.client.HdfsAdmin.createEncryptionZone(HdfsAdmin.java:307)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.tools.CryptoAdmin$CreateZoneCommand.run(CryptoAdmin.java:142)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.tools.CryptoAdmin.run(CryptoAdmin.java:73)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.tools.CryptoAdmin.main(CryptoAdmin.java:82)
RemoteException:

As I know CPU must support AES to use such things, I checked on each
server's ILO admin interface and it seems my CPU support AES-128. In
addition, hadoop checknative returns a correct result :

16/09/13 11:16:48 INFO bzip2.Bzip2Factory: Successfully loaded &
initialized native-bzip2 library system-native
16/09/13 11:16:48 INFO zlib.ZlibFactory: Successfully loaded & initialized
native-zlib library
Native library checking:
hadoop:  true /usr/hdp/2.5.0.0-1245/hadoop/lib/native/libhadoop.so.1.0.0
zlib:    true /lib64/libz.so.1
snappy:  true /usr/hdp/2.5.0.0-1245/hadoop/lib/native/libsnappy.so.1
lz4:     true revision:99
bzip2:   true /lib64/libbz2.so.1
openssl: true /usr/lib64/libcrypto.so

Does someone see where my problem might come from ?

Thanks,

Loïc

Loïc CHANEL
System Big Data engineer
MS&T - WASABI - Worldline (Villeurbanne, France)

Re: Exception while creating encryption zone

Posted by Loïc Chanel <lo...@telecomnancy.net>.
Once again you're right, thanks !
I didn't know that hdfs was blacklisted, but that's a great thing :-)

Regards,

:

Posted by Velmurugan Periasamy <vp...@hortonworks.com>.
Loïc:

From: Loïc Chanel <lo...@telecomnancy.net>>
Date: Wednesday, September 21, 2016 at 8:46 AM
To: "user@ranger.incubator.apache.org<ma...@ranger.incubator.apache.org>" <us...@ranger.incubator.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: Exception while creating encryption zone

Now that my encryption zone is created (directory /user/lchanel/testdir), I'm trying to put a test file in it, but it seems there is a little bug.

Even though in Ranger KMS I gave hdfs all rights for all keys, when I make hdfs dfs -put test.txt /user/lchanel/testdir, I get "put: User:hdfs not allowed to do 'DECRYPT_EEK' on 'test_lchanel' " followed by that stack :

16/09/21 14:22:51 WARN retry.RetryInvocationHandler: Exception while invoking ClientNamenodeProtocolTranslatorPB.complete over null. Not retrying because try once and fail.
org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException(org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.LeaseExpiredException): No lease on /user/lchanel/testdir/test.txt._COPYING_ (inode 3322459): File does not exist. Holder DFSClient_NONMAPREDUCE_1559190789_1 does not have any open files.
        at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.checkLease(FSNamesystem.java:3521)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.completeFileInternal(FSNamesystem.java:3611)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.completeFile(FSNamesystem.java:3578)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNodeRpcServer.complete(NameNodeRpcServer.java:905)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocolPB.ClientNamenodeProtocolServerSideTranslatorPB.complete(ClientNamenodeProtocolServerSideTranslatorPB.java:544)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocol.proto.ClientNamenodeProtocolProtos$ClientNamenodeProtocol$2.callBlockingMethod(ClientNamenodeProtocolProtos.java)
        at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.ProtobufRpcEngine$Server$ProtoBufRpcInvoker.call(ProtobufRpcEngine.java:640)
        at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler$1.run(Server.java:2313)
        at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler$1.run(Server.java:2309)
        at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1724)
        at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler.run(Server.java:2307)

        at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client.getRpcResponse(Client.java:1552)
        at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.ProtobufRpcEngine$Invoker.invoke(ProtobufRpcEngine.java:233)
        at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy10.complete(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocolPB.ClientNamenodeProtocolTranslatorPB.complete(ClientNamenodeProtocolTranslatorPB.java:501)
        at org.apache.hadoop.io.retry.RetryInvocationHandler.invokeMethod(RetryInvocationHandler.java:278)
        at org.apache.hadoop.io.retry.RetryInvocationHandler.invoke(RetryInvocationHandler.java:194)
        at org.apache.hadoop.io.retry.RetryInvocationHandler.invoke(RetryInvocationHandler.java:176)
        at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy11.complete(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSOutputStream.completeFile(DFSOutputStream.java:2361)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSOutputStream.closeImpl(DFSOutputStream.java:2338)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSOutputStream.close(DFSOutputStream.java:2303)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient.closeAllFilesBeingWritten(DFSClient.java:947)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient.closeOutputStreams(DFSClient.java:979)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DistributedFileSystem.close(DistributedFileSystem.java:1192)
        at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem$Cache.closeAll(FileSystem.java:2852)
        at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem$Cache$ClientFinalizer.run(FileSystem.java:2869)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Posted by Loïc Chanel <lo...@telecomnancy.net>.

Posted by Loïc Chanel <lo...@telecomnancy.net>.

Posted by Loïc Chanel <lo...@telecomnancy.net>.

Posted by Velmurugan Periasamy <vp...@hortonworks.com>.