Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Du Lam <de...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/31 07:34:45 UTC

alter table ... partition() concatenate for ORC

Hi all

not sure if this is discussed before, but does  the merging for ORC works:

alter table ... partition() concatenate for ORC

, tried several times never been successful and some google search show
some failure encountered by others as well. is this best way to merge small
ORC files??

many thanks!

Re: alter table ... partition() concatenate for ORC

Posted by Laurent H <la...@gmail.com>.
I think that you can do it with Hive 0.14 isn't it ? I don't have any
feedback about this command but, in our case, we do an INSER OVERWRITE in a
partitioned table (by date)

--
Laurent HATIER - Consultant Big Data & Business Intelligence chez CapGemini
fr.linkedin.com/pub/laurent-hatier/25/36b/a86/

Posted by Laurent H <la...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Laurent H <la...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Laurent H <la...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.
it does not work

--
Nitin Pawar

Re: alter table ... partition() concatenate for ORC

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.
it does not work

--
Nitin Pawar

Re: alter table ... partition() concatenate for ORC

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.
it does not work

--
Nitin Pawar

Re: alter table ... partition() concatenate for ORC

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.
it does not work

--
Nitin Pawar