Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Moazzam Khan <mo...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/15 19:53:05 UTC

Help patching Solr

Hey guys,

Does anyone know how to patch stuff in Windows? I am trying to patch
Solr with patch 238 but it keeps erroring out with this message:

C:\solr\example\webapps>patch solr.war ..\..\SOLR-236-trunk.patch
patching file solr.war
Assertion failed: hunk, file ../patch-2.5.9-src/patch.c, line 354

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

Thanks in advance

Moazzam

Re: Help patching Solr

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
I'm not going to be too much specific help for Windows here since I'm
running on a Mac, but...

All of this is done through ant, there's some help at the "how to
contribute" page, but nothing I see windows-specific:
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/HowToContribute

Which means you have to have your environment set up, with all the joy that
entails <G>. You can start by just going to the solr directory and typing
the relevant commands and installing whatever's not found. At minimum you
need ant and the java sdk. You'll have to set up the environment variables
properly, including things like JAVA_HOME and PATH and, perhaps, ANT_HOME?
I'm sure there are others....

You can see all the available top-level targets for ant by just typing
"ant", but a couple of useful ones are
"ant clean" for removing all compiled code
"ant test" for running all the unit tests
"ant dist" for creating war files.

Not too much help, but it's a start. It'd be great if you could list the
things you have to do and provide a how-to for the Wiki.

Good luck!
Erick

Re: Help patching Solr

Posted by Moazzam Khan <mo...@gmail.com>.