Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Jaroslav Tulach <ja...@gmail.com> on 2018/11/25 01:47:21 UTC

72h was: 10-vc5

Dne sobota 24. listopadu 2018 19:52:02 CET, Matthias Bläsing napsal(a):
> Hi,
>
> Am Samstag, den 24.11.2018, 10:35 -0800 schrieb Laszlo Kishalmi:
> > Hi all PR-973 broke HTML5, PHP. Going to revert the patch from
> > release100
>
> please wait and give Svatopluk some time to react - else I see the next
> one voting -1 because the old Javascript parser is bundled (with GPLv2-
> CPE license...)

The usual Apache deadline is 72h. It would be good to slow down before
accepting/removing PRs and going back and forth in circles.

-jt

PS: I'd like to also see NetBeans 10 released on Dec 10 or sooner, but we
won't get there if we start to panic.

Re: 72h was: 10-vc5

Posted by Svata Dedic <sv...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

sorry to take so long to fix the issue. I am fiddling with AU since
Monday (as other duties permit). The main issue is that "feature" was
meant to be completely installed, but now the HTML5 feature is mssing
some (required) parts. This is similar to the nbjavac situation, yet
different because there's no hard depenency in java > nbjavac case, but
there is in javascript2.model > js parser.

The current state is that
- Tools | Plugins allow to enable HTML5, installing js parser
- Tools | Plugins allow to enable Java, installing nbjavac
- Tools | Plugins allow to enable PHP, installing js parser
- New Project > HTML5 installs js parser

I've fixed some autoupdates tests today so I am more confident the
changes will do only a little harm, if any.

But a few hours ago I've discovered there's still a bug in New Project >
PHP: the feature contents is not inspected as a closure. In this case
PHP depends on HTML5 feature which requires jsparser, but this 2nd level
dependency is not discovered.

Part of Ergonomics impl need to be adjusted when backporting to
release100 branch, the code has been changed recently and those changes
are not meant for release 10.

Please see https://github.com/apache/incubator-netbeans/pull/1044 (WIP)
for exact changes.

-Svata