Posted to user@cayenne.apache.org by Nishant Neeraj <nn...@yahoo.com> on 2010/01/28 10:59:41 UTC

Individual Object Caching

Hi,

I am a bit confused on the way Cayenne handles object-cache. It sounds to me that object-cache gets invalidated [1], whenever a call like this takes place

loadMenu(){...
SelectQuery query = new SelectQuery(PaintingType.class, ...);
return (List<PaintingType>)context.performQuery(query);
}
Now, there are multiple users accessing the same page that calls loadMenu(), as per the document [1], for each user Object-Cache for this would be flushed and restores.

[1] http://cayenne.apache.org/doc/individual-object-caching.html

RegardsNishant

Re: Individual Object Caching

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
Yes, a query refreshes cached objects (unless the query itself is
served from cache).

Andrus