Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Pavol Juhos <pa...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/05 15:32:45 UTC

Default Felix web app launcher (was: Default web app integration behavior)

Hi,

some time ago there was a discussion about adding a Felix web app
launcher as a default solution when using Apache Felix Http Service /
Servlet Bridge. Felix Meschberger mentioned a possibility of donating
Sling launcher to the Apache Felix project. Have the community reached
any kind of conclusion on these points?

It would be nice to have a standard/default way of embedding Felix in
a web container as originally pointed out by Justin Edelson.

Thanks!

--
Pavol Juhos
[pavol.juhos@gmail.com]

Re: Default Felix web app launcher (was: Default web app integration behavior)

Posted by Justin Edelson <ju...@gmail.com>.
On Dec 5, 2009, at 9:55 AM, Felix Meschberger wrote:

> Or go for the Sling launcher ;-) It is by no means locked into Sling. It
> just happens to live there (in the launchpad folder).

+1

Best way to figure out if we need to make any further changes to the Sling launcher is to have non-Sling projects using it.

Justin

Re: Default Felix web app launcher (was: Default web app integration behavior)

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Pavol Juhos schrieb:
> Hi Felix,
>
> that's good news. Meanwhile I assume that the recommended approach is
> to customize code provided in
>
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/felix/trunk/http/samples/bridge/

Or go for the Sling launcher ;-) It is by no means locked into Sling. It
 just happens to live there (in the launchpad folder).

Regards
Felix

Posted by Pavol Juhos <pa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Felix,

that's good news. Meanwhile I assume that the recommended approach is
to customize code provided in

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/felix/trunk/http/samples/bridge/

Best regards,

--