Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Slim Baltagi <sb...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/22 21:41:08 UTC

Any planning for Apache Flink 1.0 release?

Hi

Once  DataStream API is out of beta and both DataStream and DataSet API are
stabilized, will we be seeing Flink 1.0 release?
On April 28, 2014, Fabian  Hueske personal guess of Flink 1.0 release in his
info.com interview was April 2016? Reference:
http://www.infoq.com/news/2015/04/hueske-apache-flink
Is this still holds true?
As a comparison:
- Spark entered Apache incubation on June 19, 2013 while Flink entered
Apache incubation on April 14, 2014.
- Spark graduated out of incubation on February 19, 2014  while Flink
graduated out of incubation on December 17, 2014.
- Spark 1.0 was announced on May 30, 2014.  Flink 1.0 will be  announced on
….?
What are your thoughts on Flink 1.0 release?

Thanks

Slim Baltagi

Re: Any planning for Apache Flink 1.0 release?

Posted by Fabian Hueske <fh...@gmail.com>.
I agree with Kostas.
The next release should be 0.10 but after that we should definitely aim for
1.0.

Posted by Kostas Tzoumas <kt...@apache.org>.