Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Werner Schalk <we...@gmx.de> on 2004/02/02 18:12:32 UTC

Spamfilter pollution

Hi,

just like everybody does I receive lots of pseudo-random spam mails that are
trying to pollute the spamfilters:

---------
agreeable anglican hydrochloric distaff freeboot conservative awesome estes
hollow mediocrity pray railbird inoffensive drum highland ballard bauble
arccosine bock heartfelt burn conveyor
---------

What can I do against this mails with my SpamAssassin? Are there new rules?
Should I use sa-learn or how are you guys dealing with this?

Bye and thanks,
Werner.

Re: Spamfilter pollution

Posted by Sandy S <sa...@boreal.org>.
> just like everybody does I receive lots of pseudo-random spam mails that
are
> trying to pollute the spamfilters:
>
> ---------
> agreeable anglican hydrochloric distaff freeboot conservative awesome
estes
> hollow mediocrity pray railbird inoffensive drum highland ballard bauble
> arccosine bock heartfelt burn conveyor
> ---------
>
> What can I do against this mails with my SpamAssassin? Are there new
rules?
> Should I use sa-learn or how are you guys dealing with this?
>
> Bye and thanks,
> Werner.

I think the general consensus is to go ahead and let Bayes learn them.
After all, how many legitimate email messages do you see with words like
distaff, estes, railbird and arccosine in them?   I've found that these
bayes poison words are actually as good a sign of spam as the V**** word!

Sandy S.

Re: Spamfilter pollution

Posted by Werner Schalk <we...@gmx.de>.
Hi Dave,

sorry but I did not found anything Bayesian poising related on
the website spamfighter.org (maybe I am too blind to see that). So where can I
find SpamAssassin-related config files against this SpamFilter poisoning
crap?

Bye and thanks,
Werner.

RE: Spamfilter pollution

Posted by "D.Schneider" <d....@systemnt.net>.
<snip>

What can I do against this mails with my SpamAssassin? Are there new rules?
Should I use sa-learn or how are you guys dealing with this?

Bye and thanks,
Werner.
</snip>

There are several rulesets and scripts that will help against Bayesian
poisoning. Take a look at www.spamfighter.org , theres lots of info and
SpamAssassin scripts/rulesets/downloads there.

Dave