Posted to c-users@xalan.apache.org by Paul Rivera <pa...@yahoo.com> on 2004/12/22 12:25:14 UTC

XMemory and MFC

Hi! My application is having compilation errors due to the XMemory.cpp and XMemory.hpp.  I'm using xerces-c++-2.4.0.  I've gone through a couple of posts and found out that it was due to the preprocessor directive visual studio uses with debug mode:

#ifdef _DEBUG
#define new DEBUG_NEW
#endif

Has this been fixed in xerces-c++-2.6.0?  If yes, maybe I could just download it.  Else, can you tell me how to fix this?  If its a patch file, I have a couple of questions.

1.)  do I run it with "patch -p2 < patchfile"?
2.)  Should I do it in the directory where my src folder is located?
3.)  patchfiles usually have something like /home/cvspublic/xml-xerces/c/src/xercesc/util/ prefixed in the file to be patched.  My directory structure is not like that.  Xerces is in c:\xerces-c-src2_4_0.  Is it ok?

by the way, i'm using visual studio .net 2003 on windows xp pro.

thanks!

 The all-new My Yahoo! � Get yours free!

Re: XMemory and MFC

Posted by June Ng <ju...@ca.ibm.com>.
This is a Xerces question .. you'll likely get a better response if you
posted this in the Xerces mailing list.

Cheers,
June K. Ng
XSLT Development

[...]