Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com> on 2000/07/29 16:55:32 UTC

Configure for 2.0 ?

Anyone have any opinions on us having a Configure interface for 2.0 ?
I'm sure there are those who still prefer non-command-line interfaces :)
                "Are you suggesting coconuts migrate??"

Re: Configure for 2.0 ?

Posted by Manoj Kasichainula <ma...@io.com>.
On Sat, Jul 29, 2000 at 10:55:32AM -0400, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> Anyone have any opinions on us having a Configure interface for 2.0 ?
> I'm sure there are those who still prefer non-command-line interfaces :)

I'd have no objection except that it really shouldn't be caled
Configure. In 1.3, it just got too confusing referring to
capital-C-configure vs. little-c-configure all the time.

A shell script containing your favorite configuration options (like
config.nice but something you write yourself) would do the job, but
dealing with the necessary backslashing and ugly "--"'s everywhere
might be reason enough

Re: Configure for 2.0 ?

Posted by rb...@covalent.net.
How exactly would you do that?  The best I can think of is something like
the config.nice, only with more comments.  Is that what you have in mind?

Ryan

On Sat, 29 Jul 2000, Jim Jagielski wrote:

> Anyone have any opinions on us having a Configure interface for 2.0 ?
> I'm sure there are those who still prefer non-command-line interfaces :)
>    Jim Jagielski   [|]   jim@jaguNET.com   [|]   http://www.jaguNET.com/
>                 "Are you suggesting coconuts migrate??"

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131