Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Matthias Dorfner <Ma...@psylock.com> on 2009/03/06 16:59:45 UTC

site generation in a multi-module project

Hi everybody,

is it possible to generate only one site at the top level of a
multi-module project without creating sites for each submodule (quasi
only one site descriptor) ?

I want to have all information (also the quality and metrics info,
javadocs etc. from the submodules) aggregated in one central page.

Is this possible in a simple way and how?

Thank you in advance!

Greetings,

Matthias

P.S.: I actually don't want links to the submodules' sites via the <menu
ref="modules"/> reference.

Re: site generation in a multi-module project

Posted by Da...@medavie.bluecross.ca.
Hi Matthias.

To partially address your comment in the P.S. section of your original
note, you might want to try using the maven dashboard plugin.
http://mojo.codehaus.org/dashboard-maven-plugin/

It produces an HTML page that provides graphical feedback on the quality
metrics from specific tools. The main page provides a rolled-up view of
the metrics. It also allows you to drill down into individual sub-modules
and sub-sub-modules, etc.
The dashboard provides rolled-up metrics for : Cobertura, Surefire,
Clover, JDepend, FindBugs, Checkstyle, PMD and Taglist.  When properly
configured, it can also provide historical comparison charts bewteen
current situation and X weeks ago.
I hope this might help you achieve what you are looking for.

Dale Chapman,
Corporate Architect, Common Services
Medavie
506-867-4430
dale.chapman@medavie.bluecross.ca

Debugging is at least twice as hard as programming.
If your code is as clever as you can possibly make it,
then by definition, you are not smart enough to debug it.
- Brian Kernighan

mknutson@baselogic.com wrote on 06/03/2009 02:16:06 PM:

> http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-site-plugin/usage.html
>
> But I use a local location for my site:
>
>     *<distributionManagement>
>         <site>
>             <id>site.docs</id>
>             <name>Site Documentation Repository</name>
>             <url>file:///C:/temp/site</url>
>         </site>
>     </distributionManagement>*
>

> ---
> Thank You?
>
> Mick Knutson, President
>
> BASE Logic, Inc.
> Enterprise Architecture, Design, Mentoring & Agile Consulting
> p. (866) BLiNC-411: (254-6241-1)
> f. (415) 685-4233
>
> Website: http://baselogic.com
> Linked IN: http://linkedin.com/in/mickknutson
> Twitter: http://twitter.com/mickknutson
> Vacation Rental: http://tahoe.baselogic.com
> ---
>

> On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 12:40 PM, Matthias Dorfner <
> Matthias.Dorfner@psylock.com> wrote:
>
> > Thanks for your answer!
> >
> > But how does this work? I suppose I have to create a site for each
> > submodule plus an extra site at the parent (top level) which contains
the
> > <menu ref="modules"/> reference, right? After deploying everything
will be
> > put together in one folder?!
> >
> > Thank you!

This communication, including any attached documentation, is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain confidential, personal, and/or privileged information. Any unauthorized disclosure, copying, or taking action on the contents is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please contact us immediately so we may correct our records. Please then delete or destroy the original transmission and any subsequent reply. Thank you.

La présente communication, y compris toute pièce qui y a été jointe, est destinée uniquement à la personne ou à l’entité à laquelle elle a été adressée, et contient des renseignements à caractère confidentiel et personnel. Toute diffusion ou reproduction non autorisée ou toute intervention entreprise relativement à son contenu est strictement interdite. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez nous le signaler immédiatement afin que nous puissions effectuer la correction à nos dossiers. Veuillez par la suite supprimer ou détruire le contenu de la transmission originale ainsi que toute réponse ultérieure. Merci.

Re: site generation in a multi-module project

Posted by Mick Knutson <mi...@gmail.com>.

AW: site generation in a multi-module project

Posted by Matthias Dorfner <Ma...@psylock.com>.
Thanks for your answer!

-----Urspr�ngliche Nachricht-----

Posted by Mick Knutson <mi...@gmail.com>.