Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Jamie McCrindle <ja...@gmail.com> on 2006/10/11 12:58:29 UTC

surprising performance tuning result with activemq 4.0.1

hi,

just thought i'd mention, i switched from a journaledJDBC backed by a
datastore to a jdbcPersistenceAdapter without the journalling and got
a 30% speed up in our application. obviously this is going to be very
dependent on the type of messaging we're doing but I thought I'd
mention it in the event that someone else is looking for something to
try out to speed things up.

cheers,
j.

Re: surprising performance tuning result with activemq 4.0.1

Posted by yaussy <ya...@cboe.com>.
Just to add - I switched from using the default (journal+derbydb) to Kaha.
Wow - what a difference.  The derbydb, once the checkpointing starts, very
much gets in the way.  I think we probably have fairly slow disks in the dev
env we were testing on, but nevertheless, switching to Kaha was
night-and-day.  On a fairly slow machine, 8 cpu's at 1.349ghz, we could get
a little over 1000/sec (not sure of message size off the top of my head, but
not big/not little - maybe 1k?) between one producer and one consumer.

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jamie McCrindle <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi James,

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jamie McCrindle <ja...@gmail.com>.
in the test, yes it is. would the journal and sqlserver be queing behind
each other for io?

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jamie McCrindle <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi Rob,