Posted to dev@oozie.apache.org by 杰周 <su...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/07 09:41:06 UTC

beginner of developping oozie

Hi all:
       I am a beginner.
I am interested in oozie project ,and I am ready to contribute.
but when I am reading the document about how to contribute at
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOZIE/How+To+Contribute, I am a
little confused about the Sentence “when you think it is ready for review
or integration upload your patch to the JIRA issue (remember to grant
license to Apache) and change the status of the JIRA to 'Patch Available'“,
my question is how I can make my patch grant license to Apache?(I have just
send a email to secretary@apache.org  about my license agreement),what
should I do next?

Re: beginner of developping oozie

Posted by Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@cloudera.com>.
Hi 杰周,

Glad to hear you want to contribute to Oozie, looking forward to it.

Jarcec is correct, I've updated the WIKI page.

Thx

--
Alejandro

Re: beginner of developping oozie

Posted by Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@cloudera.com>.
Hi 杰周,

--
Alejandro

Re: beginner of developping oozie

Posted by Jarek Jarcec Cecho <ja...@apache.org>.
[+CC dev@ooozie.a.o]

Hi Amit,
I'm glad to hear that you are considering contributing to Oozie project. I can definitely give you some advices and starting points. But please note that I'm just another member of Oozie community - I'm not a committer nor PMC member :-)

There are a lot of ways how to contribute to any Apache project:

* Help on mailing lists
* Provide code
* Review others code
* Tests the projects
* Write documentation

As a start I would recommend reading "How to contribute" wiki page [1], then filing or assigning some JIRA to you and start working on that. I'm pretty sure that others will help guide you to get your patch eventually committed.

Jarcec

Links:
1: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOZIE/How+To+Contribute

Posted by Jarek Jarcec Cecho <ja...@apache.org>.