Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Scott Deboy <sd...@comotivsystems.com> on 2008/05/23 21:41:16 UTC

chainsaw webstart link no longer launching

The Chainsaw Web Start link no longer launches Chainsaw, it just
displays the jnlp contents.

http://logging.apache.org/log4j/docs/webstart/chainsaw/chainsawWebStart.
jnlp

I don't think there's anything we can do on our site, correct?  Bring
this up with infra?

Scott Deboy
Principal Engineer
COMOTIV SYSTEMS
111 SW Columbia Street Ste. 950
Portland, OR  97201
Office: 503.224.7496
Direct Line: 503.821.6482
Cell: 503.997.1367
Fax: 503.222.0185
sdeboy@comotivsystems.com
www.comotivsystems.com <http://www.comotivsystems.com/>

RE: chainsaw webstart link no longer launching

Posted by Scott Deboy <sd...@comotivsystems.com>.
Thanks..

I had to clear my browser cache to get it to launch, but it works!

Scott

On May 23, 2008, at 2:41 PM, Scott Deboy wrote:

> The Chainsaw Web Start link no longer launches Chainsaw, it just
> displays the jnlp contents.

http://logging.apache.org/log4j/docs/webstart/chainsaw/chainsawWebStart.
jnlp

> I don't think there's anything we can do on our site, correct?
> Bring this up with infra?

Looks like logging.apache.org is returning the desired mime type now.

Re: chainsaw webstart link no longer launching

Posted by Curt Arnold <ca...@apache.org>.

Posted by Curt Arnold <ca...@apache.org>.
I've added a .htaccess file to that directory.  When the main public
servers resync, it should start delivering the expected MIME type.
Why the MIME type changed (if it did) not known.