Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Kenneth Reinhardt <ke...@reinhardt.com> on 1999/03/09 16:58:27 UTC

mod_jserv/4025: Error when downloadning jar files with Communicator.

>Number:         4025
>Category:       mod_jserv
>Synopsis:       Error when downloadning jar files with Communicator.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
See, the problem is not really yours, but You should consider to make a
work-around for the problem anyway. The problem is that when you download
a jar file in Netscape/Communicator version 4 an up, the downloaded jar
file will be corupt and of the wrong size. When people try to download and
install the file, it is VERY hard to figure out that this is the problem, and
then download the file with Internet Explorer to get the "right" jar file
without errors in it.
>How-To-Repeat:
Try to download the link from this page:
http://www.appet.dk/test.html
- with Communicator and with Internet Explorer and see the size of the 2 files.
>Fix:
I have submitted the bug to Netscape, but maby you should make a zip file out
of the jar file or something - and remove the jar file from the site to avoid
any more errors from users that cant make the Apache Jserv servlets to work.