Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by sjtirtha <sj...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/16 09:41:53 UTC

TypeMapping in Axis

 Hi,

I use Eclipse WTP to generate a java skeleton for a Web
Service implementation based on the existing WSDL.
After creating the java skeleton, I realized that Axis generated a new WSDL
that is possibly in run time by the servlet generated.
But this generated WSDL is not the same one with the existing WSDL that I
used to generate the java skeleton.

For example, Axis changes the following datatype from a simpleType into
complexType. And when I see into the deploy.wsdd, axis map "char8" into a
simple String without restriction. It should cause a incompatibility between
the the WS Client that is built based on the existing WSDL and the WS
implementation that uses the new generated WSDL.

How can I set Axis to use always the existing WSDL and not using the
generated WSDL. The problem is the WS client communicates with some other WS
implementation that use this existing WSDL.

<xsd:simpleType name="char8" >
  <xsd:restriction base="xsd:string" >
   <xsd:maxLength value= "8"/>
 </xsd:restriction>
</xsd:simpleType >

<complexType name="char8">
    <simpleContent>
     <extension/>
    </simpleContent>
   </complexType>

Regards,

Steve

Re: TypeMapping in Axis

Posted by sjtirtha <sj...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

thanks for the infos. I can set axis using the original wsdl. Now I'm
testing the integration.

regards,

steve

Re: TypeMapping in Axis

Posted by Upul Godage <up...@gmail.com>.

Re: TypeMapping in Axis

Posted by Upul Godage <up...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: TypeMapping in Axis

Posted by sjtirtha <sj...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: TypeMapping in Axis

Posted by Upul Godage <up...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: TypeMapping in Axis

Posted by sjtirtha <sj...@gmail.com>.
I look into Eclipse plugin, I use Axis 1.3. And I use WST 1.5.4  and JST
1.5.4.

I think the <wsdlFile> works in my case. I just assumed that the integration
problem between my WS implementation and WS client was because the different
between original WSDL and generated WSDL. That's why I asked how to use the
original WSDL. But I found out that that is not the problem.

Regards,

Steve

Re: TypeMapping in Axis

Posted by Lahiru Sandakith <sa...@gmail.com>.