Posted to dev@hop.apache.org by Hans Van Akelyen <ha...@gmail.com> on 2021/10/11 09:53:40 UTC

New tag on docker hub images

Hi Hoperians,

I stumbled upon a small issue this weekend when creating integration tests
for our Hop Server.
When running our integration tests we want to do this against the latest
development build of our public Hop containers, when a new software build
is completed new images are being pushed under the next version number
followed by -SNAPSHOT (e.g. 1.1.0-SNAPSHOT).

Because we do not want to update our Docker compose after each release and
to help you in your daily use of Docker images I have updated our build
process to also create a tag named "Development" this tag will always point
at our latest version that is in development.

So now you can happily change your muscle memory to use `docker run -p
xxxx:xxxx apache/incubator-hop-web:Development` to get the current working
branch and "latest" to get the latest released version of our software.

Happy coding!
Hans

Re: New tag on docker hub images

Posted by "Sergio Ramazzina (SERASOFT)" <se...@serasoft.it>.