Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com> on 2009/08/12 00:03:04 UTC

Re: The new Contrib QueryParser should not be slated to replace the old one yet

+1

Mike

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hey Shai - I'm not saying if new syntax's come lets use it. Sorry if it
came off that way - I'm basically saying - lets see it get used - lets
see if the things that it offers are taken advantage of. A new syntax is
not a plus to me necessarily (though it is nice) - personally, I just
want a solid core syntax for Lucene, and I think the rest is gravy. But
because the new QP is billed as easy to develop new syntaxs for (in the
package.html I think), I'm just saying, lets see how the thing turns
out. I don't mean to really pin point any one thing in that regard - we
should just let it breath, and then take stalk again.

Basically I just think we should give it a little time. I only wrote out
so much, and tried to come up with points like that, because an early
short comment went ignored ;)

- Mark

Posted by Shai Erera <se...@gmail.com>.
Mark,