Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Ryan Moquin <fr...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/21 18:41:51 UTC

Clustering in servicemix 3.3

Hello,

I really want to take advantage of clustering with servicemix, in particular
servicemix 4.0.  I currently am stuck on Servicemix 3.3 though as a result
of the Spring CircularReferenceError (I think it was).  When I tried to do
clustering before (loaded up 2 instances of servicemix, to see if the
component registrations for both servers would show up in each other), the
activemq instances would connect, but it didn't appear that the components
in each showed up in the other server.  Is there any known issue with
clustering in Servicemix 3.3?  I haven't tried 3.3.1 yet or the new Fuse
version based on Servicemix 3.3.  I just want to make whether or not it's a
configuration issue on my side or if there are any known issues with
clustering on the Servicemix 3.3 version.

Thanks!
Ryan

Re: Clustering in servicemix 3.3

Posted by Ryan Moquin <fr...@gmail.com>.
No prob.  It's confusing because there aren't a lot of resources that tell
you that it should use the 0.0.0.0.  What's weird, is that clients on
different machines can connect to the activemq instance even if it's not
setup correctly, but the network connectors will get a connection refused.
It's very strange and that simple fact threw me off for hours yesterday,
since I don't see why a client could connect but a network connector can't.

Ryan

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 11:11 AM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>wrote:

> Hi Ryan,
>
> Thanks for your feedback. It's right that my previous clustering
> installation was on one machine (not remote).
>
> Could you please open a jira task to update the documentation ?
>
> Thanks
>
> Regards
> JB
>
> Ryan Moquin wrote:
>
>> I was able to get clustering working with Servicemix using Fuse 3.4.  I
>> think the instructions on the following page need some clarifications:
>>
>> http://servicemix.apache.org/clustering.html
>>
>> The first change is that the transport connector will not work as it is
>> setup by default.
>>
>> <amq:transportConnectors>
>>       <amq:transportConnector uri="tcp://localhost:61616"
>> discoveryUri="multicast://default"/>
>>    </amq:transportConnectors>
>>
>> tcp://localhost:61616 will not work for a connection from a
>> networkConnector, it needs to be:
>>
>> <amq:transportConnectors>
>>       <amq:transportConnector uri="tcp://0.0.0.0:61616"
>> discoveryUri="multicast://default"/>
>>    </amq:transportConnectors>
>>
>> According to the ActiveMQ docs, if you don't use 0.0.0.0 it will only
>> accept
>> connections from localhost.
>>
>> Also, from static configuration, the    discoveryUri="multicast://default"
>> should be removed from the transport connector.
>>
>> One correction I noticed as well, which is that on the following line on
>> that page:
>>
>> <amq:broker brokerName="host1_broker1" depends-on="jmxServer">
>>
>> It doesn't show the   id="broker" which implies that it gets removed in
>> favor of brokerName, when in fact both should be there.
>>
>> One last critical thing that the clustering page is missing, is that
>> clustering WILL NOT work unless you add a name attribute to your jbi
>> container in the servicemix.xml for example:
>>
>> <sm:container id="jbi" name="host1broker" ...
>>
>> Ryan
>>
>> On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 9:20 PM, Ryan Moquin <fr...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>  I actually had clustered 2 servicemix instances a long time ago, probably
>>> on the 3.2 version and it worked.. I just had the default config when it
>>> worked that time (which is why I'm surprised it's not working so easily
>>> now).  I was using the multicast discovery, but I was testing on the same
>>> machine (I had changed the conflicting ports).  When using multicast..

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Ryan,

Posted by Ryan Moquin <fr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ryan Moquin <fr...@gmail.com>.