Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Kevin <de...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/19 23:08:18 UTC

how to use mangen?

Hi,

I am trying to make a bundle, and I found that it's a little difficult for me to make manifest file.
So, I'd like to use "mangen", but it is also hard to understand the document of mangen.
Is there any examples how to use mangen? I need the mangen to complete import-package part of my manifest file.

Thanks,
Kein

Re: how to use mangen?

Posted by Rob Walker <ro...@ascert.com>.
Kevin

Guessing you already found the Wiki docs:

http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FELIX/Apache+Felix+Manifest+Generator+(mangen)

I'm the original author of mangen, and although not perfect, we still
use it for all our App builds to generate our OSGi manifests. So if
there's any specifics you're struggling with I can try and help.

-- Rob

Kevin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to make a bundle, and I found that it's a little difficult for me to make manifest file.
> So, I'd like to use "mangen", but it is also hard to understand the document of mangen.
> Is there any examples how to use mangen? I need the mangen to complete import-package part of my manifest file.
>
> Thanks,
> Kein

Ascert - Taking systems to the Edge
robw@ascert.com
+44 (0)20 7488 3470
www.ascert.com

Re: iPOJO ant tasks

Posted by Clement Escoffier <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

No, the iPOJO task is not called from the BND ant task. However they
can collaborate together :
Let's say that I have compile mt classes in a ${build.dir} and that I
want my resulting iPOJO bundle in ${output.dir}. (I also have a .bnd
file with the same name as my current project).
In your build.xml file you can write a 'package' target like the
following:
<target name="package" depends="compile">
   <bnd
    classpath="${build.dir}"
    failok="false"
    exceptions="true"
    files="${ant.project.name}.bnd"
    output="${output.dir}/${bundle.name}"/>

   <ipojo
    input="${output.dir}/${bundle.name}"
    metadata="metadata.xml"
   />
</target>

The important thing to understand is the the BND 'output' is the iPOJO
'input'. So, BND makes the bundle, iPOJO takes it, processes it, and
that's it.

Regards,

Clement

PS: To use this target, you must define the two tasks:
<taskdef resource="aQute/bnd/ant/taskdef.properties"
    classpath="../tasks/bnd-0.0.249.jar"/>
<taskdef name="ipojo" classpath="../tasks/
org.apache.felix.ipojo.ant-1.2.0.jar"
    classname="org.apache.felix.ipojo.task.IPojoTask"/>

On 20.02.2009, at 01:52, <ja...@cox.net> <ja...@cox.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>   I am using Ant to create bundles and annotated  iPOJO. I noticed
> there is an iPOJO ant task. Is this called along with the bnd task?
> Alot of the examples use Maven which won't work for the application
> I am creating. It would be really cool to have some examples of
> using annotated iPOJO and ant to create bundles.
>
> -Pete

iPOJO ant tasks

Posted by ja...@cox.net.

Re: how to use mangen?

Posted by Karl Pauls <ka...@gmail.com>.
You might want to have a look at bnd:

http://www.aqute.biz/Code/Bnd

which does what you want. Assuming you are using maven you can look at
our maven plugin which is a wrapper for bnd in maven,

http://felix.apache.org/site/apache-felix-maven-bundle-plugin-bnd.html

regards,

Karl

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 11:08 PM, Kevin <de...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to make a bundle, and I found that it's a little difficult for me to make manifest file.
> So, I'd like to use "mangen", but it is also hard to understand the document of mangen.
> Is there any examples how to use mangen? I need the mangen to complete import-package part of my manifest file.
>
> Thanks,
> Kein

Karl Pauls
karlpauls@gmail.com