Posted to dev@geode.apache.org by liyuj <18...@163.com> on 2019/06/04 14:26:54 UTC

Is the documentation wrong here?

Hi,

https://geode.apache.org/docs/guide/19/configuring/cluster_config/deploying_application_jars.html

This document has such a paragraph:

    Versioning of JAR Files

When you deploy JAR files to a cluster or member group, the JAR file is
modified to indicate version information in its name. Each JAR filename
is prefixed with|vf.gf#|and contains a version number at the end of the
filename. For example, if you deploy|MyClasses.jar|five times, the
filename is displayed as|vf.gf#MyClasses.jar#5|when you list all
deployed jars.

but,in my environment, it is shown as follows:

gfsh>list deployed
Member  |      JAR       | JAR Location
------- | -------------- |
server1 | ra.jar         | /media/liyujue/data/geode/server1/ra.v1.jar
server1 | mx4j-3.0.2.jar |
/media/liyujue/data/geode/server1/mx4j-3.0.2.v1.jar
server2 | ra.jar         | /media/liyujue/data/geode/server2/ra.v1.jar
server2 | mx4j-3.0.2.jar |
/media/liyujue/data/geode/server2/mx4j-3.0.2.v1.jar

Is the documentation wrong here?

Re: Is the documentation wrong here?

Posted by liyuj <18...@163.com>.
my login name is liyuj