Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Joao Araujo <jo...@wireless-networks.com> on 2002/12/13 19:45:25 UTC

html:errors location

Hi,

	According to the TIP " Don't settle for <html:error/> " at
http://husted.com/struts/tips/index.html,
	from Ted Husted I can add  an error  by the side of the property that
caused it.

	something like this:
		To specify that this message is for the "username" property, we would
code this instead:

		errors.add(
		  "username", new ActionError("error.username.required"));

		If we specify a property, we can use the <html:errors/> tag (or any of
the alternatives) like this:

		<P>Username: <html:text property="username"/></P>
		<P>Password: <html:password property="password"/></P>

	I Did exactly this. Unfortunately, the error does not appear by the side
of the input. But,
	It appears at page top when I use the <html:errors/>  tag.

	What should I do to put it by the side of an input (<html:text
property..../>)?

	Thanks in advance.
Joao,