Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Aaron Evans <aa...@yahoo.ca> on 2005/10/07 15:58:57 UTC

M4-SNAPSHOT Build Still Broken

Doug Bateman <doug <at> dougbateman.net> writes:

> M4 still has a legit bug though, where the jetspeed-spring.xml is
> incompatible with the latest class files (missing constructor arguments).
> This was documented in my earlier post.
>
> Doug

This still seems to be a problem.  I tried to build M4 this morning using the
jetspeed maven plugin and I followed my build recipe *very* closely and I am
getting the exact error Doug has mentioned.

Can we get an estimate of when this might be fixed? I really was hoping to move
forward with an M4 build...

cheers,
aaron

Re: M4-SNAPSHOT Build Still Broken

Posted by Aaron Evans <aa...@yahoo.ca>.
Doug Bateman <doug <at> dougbateman.net> writes:

> Randy Wrote:
> > Not to be lame... but what was the error? I have seen no such error over
> the last month or so.
>
> Randy, he's referring to the problem I reported last week, where the
> jetspeed-spring.xml isn't in sync with the java class files.  Here's a
> forward of my email with all the details.

That is the one.  Note this is when you do a build of M4 using the maven plugin.

Also, it should be noted I did a build of M4 with the maven plugin that worked.
Thus, something has changed with M4 and/or the plugin since then.

In fact, there is a second sync problem with the jetspeed-spring.xml and the
class files.  I managed to get by the first one by patching with some M3 class
files and then I ran into a second problem. It is with the PageAggregator.  In
the spring configuration, it passes a List as the second argument to the
constructor while running javap on the PageAggregatorImpl shows that it expects
a ContentServerAdapter instead.

This is wonky though because I looked at CVS head and the source code there
seems to be compatible with the jetspeed-spring.xml in both instances.  I am
now going to try compiling the necessary classes from head and jamming them in
the WEB-INF/classes of jetpseed and see if that works.  All problems seem to
be with the org.apache.jetspeed.aggregator.impl package.

Re: M4-SNAPSHOT Build Still Broken

Posted by Aaron Evans <aa...@yahoo.ca>.
Doug Bateman <doug <at> dougbateman.net> writes:

> Randy Wrote:
> > Not to be lame... but what was the error? I have seen no such error over
> the last month or so.
>
> Randy, he's referring to the problem I reported last week, where the
> jetspeed-spring.xml isn't in sync with the java class files.  Here's a
> forward of my email with all the details.

As Ryan Moquin has pointed out in another thread, this problem has been fixed.
Not sure who or when, but seems like probably over the weekend.

RE: M4-SNAPSHOT Build Still Broken

Posted by Doug Bateman <do...@dougbateman.net>.

Posted by Randy Watler <wa...@wispertel.net>.
Aaron,