Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Peter B. West" <pb...@powerup.com.au> on 2001/05/11 05:18:13 UTC

Jikes with 3.3

I have set up 3.3 to use jikes with this entry in
$TOMCAT_HOME/conf/server.xml:
        <!-- you can add javaCompiler="jikes" -->
        <JspInterceptor keepGenerated="true"
			largeFile="false"
			sendErrToClient="true"
			useJspServlet="false"
			javaCompiler="jikes"
			/>

I have found that jikes requires either a JIKESPATH or CLASSPATH
including $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/rt.jar in order to compile.  Setting
CLASSPATH before running the tomcat start script was not enough.  I had
to put a symlink to that jar file in the $TOMCAT_HOME/lib/container
directory.  Is this the recommended procedure?

Peter
--
Peter B. West  pbwest@powerup.com.au  http://powerup.com.au/~pbwest
"Lord, to whom shall we go?"