Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Rick Hillegas <ri...@gmail.com> on 2023/11/10 18:53:05 UTC

draft release announcement for Derby 10.17.1.0

Here is a first draft. Please let me know how to improve it.

-----------------------------------

The Apache Derby project is pleased to announce feature release 10.17.1.0.

Apache Derby is a sub-project of the Apache DB project. Derby is a pure
Java relational database engine which conforms to the ISO/ANSI SQL and
JDBC standards. Derby aims to be easy for developers and end-users to
work with.

The chief feature of this release is the removal of calls to deprecated
Java APIs. This lets the release run on the Java SE 21 platform.

In addition, Derby 10.17.1.0 fixes a flaw in Derby's LDAP authentication
logic (CVE-2022-46337).

Derby 10.17.1.0 contains other bug and documentation fixes. Derby
10.17.1.0 can be obtained from the Derby download site:

    http://db.apache.org/derby/derby_downloads.html.

Please try out this new release.

Re: draft release announcement for Derby 10.17.1.0

Posted by Bryan Pendleton <bp...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Rick! No other suggestions from me.

bryan

Posted by Rick Hillegas <ri...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bryan Pendleton <bp...@gmail.com>.
Something about "This lets the release run on the Java SE 21 platform"
seems just a little bit awkward to me.

Would it be accurate to say something like:

- The chief feature of Derby 10.17.1.0 is the removal of calls to