Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Dimitri Pourbaix <po...@astro.ulb.ac.be> on 2010/02/11 00:02:00 UTC

[math] MATH-333 and 320 solved together?

Hi,

I have just attached to MATH-333 a proposition of solution for both
MATH-333 and MATH-320.  Comments and suggestions are very welcome.

Regards,
  Dim.
Dimitri Pourbaix                         *
Institut d'Astronomie et d'Astrophysique *      Don't worry, be happy
CP 226, office 2.N4.211, building NO     *         and CARPE DIEM.
Universite Libre de Bruxelles            *
Boulevard du Triomphe                    *      Tel : +32-2-650.35.71
  B-1050 Bruxelles                        *      Fax : +32-2-650.42.26
http://sb9.astro.ulb.ac.be/~pourbaix     * mailto:pourbaix@astro.ulb.ac.be

Re: [math] MATH-333 and 320 solved together?

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com>.
Dimitri Pourbaix wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have just attached to MATH-333 a proposition of solution for both
> MATH-333 and MATH-320.  Comments and suggestions are very welcome.

+1 to commit this.

Phil

Posted by lu...@free.fr.
----- "Dimitri Pourbaix" <po...@astro.ulb.ac.be> a écrit :

> Bill,
>
> > Submitting patches in "diff -u" format helps a lot for committers to
>
> > evaluate.  It doesn't look bad (but haven't run test on it) on a
> 5min review,
> > but it will take a lot longer review before I can agree to commit
> the changes
> > (just on weeding out what hasn't changed).
>
> I agree that a patch would be easier.  However, in the case of
> EigenDecom-
> position, the patch would have been way longer than the actual source
> as
> the number of lines was shrunk from 1,900 lines to 600.  That is why
> Luc
> suggested to attach the sources rather than the patch.

I suggested to attache directly the patch because it is a complete rewrite of the class (except perhaps for the inner Solver class).
If we agree on the change, Dimitri can commit it himself, he is now a committer.

Luc

Posted by Dimitri Pourbaix <po...@astro.ulb.ac.be>.
Bill,

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com>.
Dimitri Pourbaix wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have just attached to MATH-333 a proposition of solution for both
> MATH-333 and MATH-320.  Comments and suggestions are very welcome.

I will continue review this weekend.  So far so good. Looks more
like Java ;)

Phil