Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Rick Macdougall <ri...@ummm-beer.com> on 2006/11/17 17:30:38 UTC

[OT] Re: New Spam

Bob McClure Jr wrote:

> <somewhat off-topic>
>
> Speaking of which, I have a policy such that if I have to deal with a
> piece of spam, I use whois to find the abuse reporting point for the
> network the zombie is on, and send them a copy of the spam, headers
> and all.  Am I spitting (to use a nicer term) in the ocean, or is it
> worthwhile?
>
> In particular, this is an issue with a closed mailing list I manage,
> which, alas, is not on my server, so I have no control over how the
> MTA is set up.  So I get (as of a couple of days ago) 40 or 50 spams
> per day I have to "moderate".  So if I have to deal with it, the
> spammer pays with (I hope) a shutdown zombie.  In case the spammer is
> reading this, it's hammered_dulcimers (at) lists.fmp.com.
>
> </somewhat off-topic>
>
> Cheers,

Depends on the ISP really.

I've never heard back from any .mx, .ar or .br admins I've emailed.

I personally love it when people email us about any spam coming from our
users.  We normally cut the user and email back a Thanks for the info email.

/Largish ISP, maybe 10-20K high speed users.

Regards,

Rick