Posted to users@openjpa.apache.org by "KARR, DAVID (ATTCINW)" <dk...@att.com> on 2009/12/10 02:02:36 UTC

Message about "ProductDerivations", error with ClassTransformer, and turning up log output

I'm assembling an app using JPA and CXF on WebLogic 10MP1.

After getting through several classloading issues, I'm seeing the
following in the server log at startup:

------------
Some product derivations are being skipped. For information about
product derivation status, run:
java org.apache.openjpa.lib.conf.ProductDerivations
16  dynamicContent  WARN   [[ACTIVE] ExecuteThread: '0' for queue:
'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'] openjpa.Runtime - An error
occurred while registering a ClassTransformer with PersistenceUnitInfo:
name 'dynamicContent', root URL [file:/C:/Documents and
Settings/dk068x/workspace3/DynamicContent/bin/]. The error has been
consumed. To see it, set your openjpa.Runtime log level to TRACE.
Load-time class transformation will not be available.
------------

There are a few issues here.  First is the "ProductDerivations" thing.
I don't know for sure what that's telling me, or how I should proceed.
It appears to be suggesting a Java command line to run, which seems odd.

Second is this ClassTransformer error that it's not showing me the
detail for.  I currently have the following in my persistence.xml file
(with a couple elisions):

----------
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<persistence version="1.0"
xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence"

http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence/persistence_1_0.xsd">
    <persistence-unit name="MyPersistenceUnitName"
transaction-type="JTA">

<provider>org.apache.openjpa.persistence.PersistenceProviderImpl</provid
er>
        <mapping-file>---path to orm.xml file---</mapping-file>
        <properties>
            <property name="openjpa.Log" value="DefaultLevel=TRACE"/>
        </properties>
    </persistence-unit>
</persistence>
----------

As far as I can tell, that property setting should turn up the log
pretty high.  This change had no effect that I could see.

RE: Message about "ProductDerivations", error with ClassTransformer, and turning up log output

Posted by "KARR, DAVID (ATTCINW)" <dk...@att.com>.

Eclipse
> plugin for bytecode enhancement available.
> [1] http://people.apache.org/~ppoddar/eclipse/

I'll take a look at it.

> I note your concern for limited error messages (both for
> ProductDerivations
> and Classtransformer failure). We will add more informative error
> message to
> diagnose failures of these nature. Can you please send us a looong
> stack
> trace as it fails?

I'll give you whatever information you want, as long as I can find it
somewhere.

> KARR, DAVID (ATTCINW) wrote:

XML

http://openjpa.apache.org/builds/latest/docs/manual/manual.html#ref_gui

Posted by Pinaki Poddar <pp...@apache.org>.
Hi,

KARR, DAVID (ATTCINW) wrote:

> [...]

-----
Pinaki

RE: Message about "ProductDerivations", error with ClassTransformer, and turning up log output

Posted by "KARR, DAVID (ATTCINW)" <dk...@att.com>.

value="DefaultLevel=TRACE"/>

Posted by Pinaki Poddar <pp...@apache.org>.
> First is the "ProductDerivations" thing.
> I don't know for sure what that's telling me, or how I should proceed.

ProductDerivations is the thing that makes OpenJPA ultra-configurable. Each
ProductDerivation during bootstrap contributes their own configuration (in
defined order) to customize a OpenJPA runtime -- for example, whether you
want to use OpenJPA with a JDBC-aware database or a LDAP directory or a