Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by janb <jb...@talend.com> on 2013/08/15 17:53:23 UTC

JMS Topic Support with Response is not working

Hi all,

I'm using JMS transport for SOAP Webservices the first time. And I got my
demo project working without any problems if I use a queue. However if I use
a topic, my webservice is called but never returns any response back even
thou there is a replyTo address set within the JMS message. The CXF client
is even listening on that queue or/and topic, but the server is not sending
any messages back so my client raises an timeout exception.

Here are the addresses I used which have been working:
jms:queue:queue.MY.REQUEST
jms:queue:queue.MY.REQUEST?replyToName=queue.MY.RESPONSE&amp;timeToLive=100000
jms:queue:queue.MY.REQUEST?topicReplyToName=topic.MY.RESPONSE

And here are the addresses I used which are not working:
jms:topic:topic.MY.REQUEST
jms:topic:topic.MY.REQUEST?replyToName=queue.CRM.RESPONSE
jms:topic:topic.MY.REQUEST?topicReplyToName=topic.MY.RESPONSE

For me this looks like a BUG (I used 2.7.5 and 2.7.7-SNAPSHOT for testing).
Can someone confirm this?

Best regards.
Jan

RE: JMS Topic Support with Response is not working

Posted by janb <jb...@talend.com>.
I created a JIRA issue [1] for this bug and also a JUnit test to demonstrate
the issue, which is attached to the JIRA issue.

Best regards
Jan

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-5233

RE: JMS Topic Support with Response is not working

Posted by Jan Bernhardt <jb...@talend.com>.
Sure. I will  provide a small example beginning of next week :)

Best regards.
Jan

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
No, use the SOAP/JMS spec stuff.  That's a standard form that we should be promoting instead of the proprietary stuff.

Jan:  can you create a small test case?  We  can take a look easier then.  Not really sure what is going on yet.

Dan

On Aug 16, 2013, at 5:56 AM, Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net> wrote:

> Try to use the jmsConfigFeature. The wsdl configuration is  still quite fresh and I do not know if it can handle your case.
> Additionally how would you externalize the queue name and other configs into config admin properties when using wsdl config?
>
> Christian
>

> Am 16.08.2013 09:29, schrieb janb:
>> Here is the part from my wsdl:
>>
>>         <wsdl:binding name="CRMServiceJMSBinding" type="tns:CRMService">
>>                 <soap:binding style="document" transport="http://www.w3.org/2010/soapjms/" />
>>                 <soapjms:jndiConnectionFactoryName>ConnectionFactory</soapjms:jndiConnectionFactoryName>
>>                 <soapjms:jndiInitialContextFactory>org.apache.activemq.jndi.ActiveMQInitialContextFactory</soapjms:jndiInitialContextFactory>
>>                 <soapjms:jndiURLtcp://localhost:61616</soapjms:jndiURL>
>>                 <wsdl:operation name="getCRMStatus">
>>                         <soap:operation soapAction="getCRMStatus"/>
>>                         <wsdl:input>
>>                                 <soap:body use="literal"/>
>>                         </wsdl:input>
>>                         <wsdl:output>
>>                                 <soap:body use="literal"/>
>>                         </wsdl:output>
>>                 </wsdl:operation>
>>         </wsdl:binding>
>>
>>         <wsdl:service name="CRMServiceProvider">
>>                 <wsdl:port binding="tns:CRMServiceJMSBinding" name="CRMServiceJMSQueuePort">
>>                         <soap:address location="jms:queue:queue.CRM.REQUEST?replyToName=queue.CRM.RESPONSE&amp;timeToLive=100000" />
>>                 </wsdl:port>
>>                 <wsdl:port binding="tns:CRMServiceJMSBinding" name="CRMServiceJMSTopicPort">
>>                         <soap:address location="jms:topic:topic.CRM.REQUEST" />
>>                 </wsdl:port>
>>                 <wsdl:port binding="tns:CRMServiceBinding" name="CRMServicePort">
>>                         <soap:address location="http://localhost:8040/services/CRMServiceProvider/"/>
>>                 </wsdl:port>
>>         </wsdl:service>
>>
>> Regards.
>> Jan

Daniel Kulp

Re: JMS Topic Support with Response is not working

Posted by janb <jb...@talend.com>.
I was expecting that CXF would enable the JMS Feature automatically when
discovering JMS transport in the WSDL, as CXF does for security features
when discovering a security policy in the WSDL. Am I wrong? Are there two
different implementations in CXF handling JMS transport?
I prefer WSDL automatic configuration much more than (custom) direct
configuration in my beans.xml.

Well, if I want to make my address configurable I still can use the
"address" attribute, which I do for the client side (in my case) but my
server should simply take the address from the wsdl (which is working as
expected).

Here is a code sample for my client:

<jaxws:client id="jmsTransport"
        xmlns:serviceNamespace="http://services.talend.org/CRMService"
        serviceName="serviceNamespace:CRMServiceProvider"
        endpointName="serviceNamespace:CRMServiceJMSQueuePort"
        serviceClass="org.talend.services.crmservice.CRMService"
        wsdlLocation="WEB-INF/wsdl/CRMService.wsdl" address="${jms.address}"
/>

Re: JMS Topic Support with Response is not working

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
Try to use the jmsConfigFeature. The wsdl configuration is  still quite
fresh and I do not know if it can handle your case.
Additionally how would you externalize the queue name and other configs
into config admin properties when using wsdl config?

Christian

Am 16.08.2013 09:29, schrieb janb:
> Here is the part from my wsdl:
>
>          <wsdl:binding name="CRMServiceJMSBinding" type="tns:CRMService">
>                  <soap:binding style="document" transport="http://www.w3.org/2010/soapjms/" />
>                  <soapjms:jndiConnectionFactoryName>ConnectionFactory</soapjms:jndiConnectionFactoryName>
>                  <soapjms:jndiInitialContextFactory>org.apache.activemq.jndi.ActiveMQInitialContextFactory</soapjms:jndiInitialContextFactory>
>                  <soapjms:jndiURLtcp://localhost:61616</soapjms:jndiURL>
>                  <wsdl:operation name="getCRMStatus">
>                          <soap:operation soapAction="getCRMStatus"/>
>                          <wsdl:input>
>                                  <soap:body use="literal"/>
>                          </wsdl:input>
>                          <wsdl:output>
>                                  <soap:body use="literal"/>
>                          </wsdl:output>
>                  </wsdl:operation>
>          </wsdl:binding>
>
>          <wsdl:service name="CRMServiceProvider">
>                  <wsdl:port binding="tns:CRMServiceJMSBinding" name="CRMServiceJMSQueuePort">
>                          <soap:address location="jms:queue:queue.CRM.REQUEST?replyToName=queue.CRM.RESPONSE&amp;timeToLive=100000" />
>                  </wsdl:port>
>                  <wsdl:port binding="tns:CRMServiceJMSBinding" name="CRMServiceJMSTopicPort">
>                          <soap:address location="jms:topic:topic.CRM.REQUEST" />
>                  </wsdl:port>
>                  <wsdl:port binding="tns:CRMServiceBinding" name="CRMServicePort">
>                          <soap:address location="http://localhost:8040/services/CRMServiceProvider/"/>
>                  </wsdl:port>
>          </wsdl:service>
>
> Regards.
> Jan

Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Open Source Architect

RE: JMS Topic Support with Response is not working

the addresses you mention look like camel addresses. Are you using pure
cxf or the camel cxf component?

Christian

Am 15.08.2013 17:53, schrieb janb:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm using JMS transport for SOAP Webservices the first time. And I got my
> demo project working without any problems if I use a queue. However if I use
> a topic, my webservice is called but never returns any response back even
> thou there is a replyTo address set within the JMS message. The CXF client
> is even listening on that queue or/and topic, but the server is not sending
> any messages back so my client raises an timeout exception.
>
> Here are the addresses I used which have been working:
> jms:queue:queue.MY.REQUEST
> jms:queue:queue.MY.REQUEST?replyToName=queue.MY.RESPONSE&amp;timeToLive=100000
> jms:queue:queue.MY.REQUEST?topicReplyToName=topic.MY.RESPONSE
>
> And here are the addresses I used which are not working:
> jms:topic:topic.MY.REQUEST
> jms:topic:topic.MY.REQUEST?replyToName=queue.CRM.RESPONSE
> jms:topic:topic.MY.REQUEST?topicReplyToName=topic.MY.RESPONSE
>
> For me this looks like a BUG (I used 2.7.5 and 2.7.7-SNAPSHOT for testing).
> Can someone confirm this?
>
> Best regards.
> Jan

Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Open Source Architect

NAML

Re: JMS Topic Support with Response is not working

Posted by janb <jb...@talend.com>.
Pure CXF, no Camel.

I also used WSDL only configuration.

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
Hi Jan,

the addresses you mention look like camel addresses. Are you using pure
cxf or the camel cxf component?

Christian

Am 15.08.2013 17:53, schrieb janb:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm using JMS transport for SOAP Webservices the first time. And I got my
> demo project working without any problems if I use a queue. However if I use
> a topic, my webservice is called but never returns any response back even
> thou there is a replyTo address set within the JMS message. The CXF client
> is even listening on that queue or/and topic, but the server is not sending
> any messages back so my client raises an timeout exception.
>
> Here are the addresses I used which have been working:
> jms:queue:queue.MY.REQUEST
> jms:queue:queue.MY.REQUEST?replyToName=queue.MY.RESPONSE&amp;timeToLive=100000
> jms:queue:queue.MY.REQUEST?topicReplyToName=topic.MY.RESPONSE
>
> And here are the addresses I used which are not working:
> jms:topic:topic.MY.REQUEST
> jms:topic:topic.MY.REQUEST?replyToName=queue.CRM.RESPONSE
> jms:topic:topic.MY.REQUEST?topicReplyToName=topic.MY.RESPONSE
>
> For me this looks like a BUG (I used 2.7.5 and 2.7.7-SNAPSHOT for testing).
> Can someone confirm this?
>
> Best regards.
> Jan

Christian Schneider