Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by Krishan Babbar <kr...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/09 11:16:18 UTC

Create PDF document using HTML file/contents

I want to create a PDF document having some dynamic contents. There would
be many rows having dynamic data in each row, so it would be difficult to
place text at predefined locations.

As height of text would be dynamic I am planning to first create HTML file
and then create PDF file using those HTML contents/file.

How can I create a PDF using HTML file?

Any pointer/help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Krishan Babbar

RE: Create PDF document using HTML file/contents

Posted by mehdi houshmand <me...@gmail.com>.
Hi Krishan,

There are undoubtedly other ways of doing this, but you can use various
methods to convert HTML -> XSL-FO then use an XSL FO processor, for example
Apache FOP [1], to create PDF. There are several ways to convert HTML to
XSL-FO, I believe (though I've never used) DocBook [2] does this, but also
the aptly named HTML2FO [3].

If you have any further questions, I'd suggest you use the fop-users
mailing list and either I or one of my peers that work on the project would
be happy to help you further.

Hope that helps

[1] http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/
[2] http://docbook.sourceforge.net/