Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Kenneth Knowles <kl...@google.com.INVALID> on 2016/03/01 17:50:30 UTC

Reference document for lateness concept in Beam

Hi everyone,

I have prepared a Beam version of our reference document for the concept of
lateness. The target audience is runner implementers.

The following link to the document is world-commentable:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/12r7frmxNickxB5tbpuEh_n35_IJeVZn1peOrBrhhP6Y/edit?usp=sharing

I have directly shared the document with write privileges to all Beam
committers.

This document summarizes a lot of internal experience. It has uncovered
bugs and guided us through large refactors. Hopefully it continues to be
helpful for the present implementation, new implementations, and future
discussion about the matters of lateness and watermarks.

At some point we'd like to get some reference docs into version control.
Until then, in the spirit of "Review Then Commit" I encourage proposing
edits (other than little typos, etc) as suggestions so everyone gets a
chance to see and comment on them.

Cheers,

Kenn

Re: Reference document for lateness concept in Beam

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Kenn,

Very interesting document, especially around watermark. I'm still
reading it carefully, and I will propose suggestions in the doc directly.

Thanks !
Regards
JB

--