Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by Andreas Pieber <an...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/27 22:50:49 UTC

Say hello to org.apache.karaf.tooling.exam

Hey Guys,

Finally I really found the time to merge labs-paxexam-karaf into the karaf
trunk.

The entire old code was developed by me exlusevly and I applied from the
beginning the ASF license to it; so legally we should be settled with that.

I've not marked the "old" project as deprecated by now and will keep both
in sync till we release karaf-3.0.0; Asap this is done I'll update the docs
on the 2.x branches how they could be tested with the framework, close down
the github project and write forward notifications. I'll take care that an
update would not cost more than changing the namespaces! So
dont hesitate to further use the labs-paxexam-karaf project for now.

Still, moving the code into trunk gives a possibility for all karaf devs to
participate in the review/test process. Now is the time if you would like
to have some class names changed or some other fundamental behavior. We can
work with deprecations, but otherwise the train will be gone till karaf-4.0
:-)

Kind regards,
Andreas