Posted to dev@sis.apache.org by Adam Estrada <es...@gmail.com> on 2012/02/11 19:51:43 UTC

GDAL and Tika Integration

Mattmann has been working on Tika/GDAL integration which IMHO is VERY important for geospatial file access. See Jira issue here.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TIKA-605

What needs to be done to get GDAL java bindings up on maven central like suggested in the issue? Better yet, should GDAL be downloaded and installed as an option for SIS along with Tika? Also, GDAL is MIT licensed. http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/LicensingIssues which means that there are restrictions to distribution. How is this sort of thing typically handled?

I am all over the place today but its rare that I have time to devote so I am taking full advantage.

Regards,
Adam