Posted to mod_dtcl@tcl.apache.org by Luis Miguel Silveira <lm...@inesc.pt> on 2001/02/19 18:19:44 UTC

Problems loading mod_dtcl

Hi,

I hope this is the right place to ask for help and I hope this problem
might have come up before.  I picked up mod_dtcl-0.8.12 and tried
installing it under Sloaris 2.7 and Linux RedHat 6.2.

Under Solaris it compiled just fine, I installed it "in" apache
according to the suggestions and all seems to work fine (apache starts
and tcl scripts seem to work).

Under Linux it also compiled just fine. However after installing it
(cp'ing to the modules directory and adding the appropriate entries to
httpd.conf) apache fails to even start.  No error is generated even
though the log level is debug.  It simply does not start!  mod_dtcl is
the culprit as after commenting it out apache starts just fine.

Any help is appreciated.  Best regards,

-Miguel

Luis Miguel Silveira                                      e-mail : lms@inesc.pt
Associate Professor, Electrical and Computer Engineering Dept.
IST - Instituto Superior Tecnico, Technical University of Lisbon
INESC - Instituto de Engenharia de Sistemas e Computadores
Rua Alves Redol, 9, 136, 1000 Lisboa, PORTUGAL
Phone: + 351 21 3100337                Fax:   + 351 21 3145843

Re: Problems loading mod_dtcl

Posted by "David N. Welton" <da...@apache.org>.
Luis Miguel Silveira <lm...@inesc.pt> writes:

> I hope this is the right place to ask for help and I hope this
> problem might have come up before.  I picked up mod_dtcl-0.8.12 and
> tried installing it under Sloaris 2.7 and Linux RedHat 6.2.

Yes, it is indeed the right place!  Personally, I hope that problems
don't come up often... I try and solve them the first time;-)

> Under Solaris it compiled just fine, I installed it "in" apache
> according to the suggestions and all seems to work fine (apache
> starts and tcl scripts seem to work).

Good.

> Under Linux it also compiled just fine. However after installing it
> (cp'ing to the modules directory and adding the appropriate entries
> to httpd.conf) apache fails to even start.  No error is generated
> even though the log level is debug.  It simply does not start!
> mod_dtcl is the culprit as after commenting it out apache starts
> just fine.

Hrm, ok, try starting it with apache -X, by itself.

Then try "strace -o foobar apache -X", which gives you a system call
trace of what's happening.

I wonder if it's the problem with threaded/non-threaded Tcl...

--
David N. Welton
     Personal:           http://www.efn.org/~davidw/

Re: Problems loading mod_dtcl

Posted by "David N. Welton" <da...@apache.org>.
It turns out the problem was indeed the pthreads bug.