Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Vijay Kandy <Vi...@mailcode.com> on 2004/02/27 17:57:16 UTC

Problems running JSPs

Hello All,

I am having trouble running JSPs in examples context (that with Tomcat).
Below is my stack trace:

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for
JSP/var/tomcat/work/Standalone/localhost/examples/_0002fjsp_0002fnum_0002fnu
mguess_0002ejspnumguess_jsp_0.java:15: Class num.NumberGuessBean not found
in import.
import num.NumberGuessBean;
       ^
1 error

	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java)
	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.doLoadJSP(JspServlet.java)
	at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JasperLoader12.loadJSP(JasperLoader12.java)

I thought it was something to do with classpath and set JAVA_HOME,
CATALINA_HOME and even added all the jars in the classpath. Also, I followed
some suggestions found in the archives including setting _RUN atributes,
upgraded from Tomcat 4.1.24, 4.1.27, 4.1.30

Please let me know if there is ANYTHING else that I can do.

The environment is Red hat linux 2.4.3-6smp #1, PII, JDK 1.3.1

Thank you,
Vijay Kandy