Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Jesse Chen <je...@jalvamedia.com> on 2002/03/29 20:29:07 UTC

rundata persistence

Hi,

Is there an easy way to make rundata persistent between requests? Perhaps
that is what is not intended? I have a process where users need to upload
files... I would like each upload to append a fileItem to rundata but not
have it all get blown away after each request.

thanks.

Re: rundata persistence

Posted by Edwin Gustafson <ed...@caymanchem.com>.
Greetings,

There are better places to put information like this.  I use the user
object.  See getTemp(), setTemp(), and removeTemp() in the User interface.
   Use them like this:

data.getUser().setTemp( "key", value );
ValueClass retrievedValue = (ValueClass) data.getUser().getTemp( "key" );
data.getUser().removeTemp( "key" );

You can also use the HttpSession.  Get the session with data.getSession().
Then use getValue(), putValue(), and removeValue().

--
Edwin Gustafson
734 971 3586 x 235