Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Javier Vegas <jv...@strava.com> on 2022/09/06 20:17:13 UTC

serviceAccount permissions issue for high availability in operator 1.1

I am migrating a HA standalone Kubernetes app to use the Flink operator.
The HA store is S3 using IRSA so the app needs to run with a serviceAccount
that is authorized to access S3. In standalone mode HA worked once I gave
the account permissions to edit configMaps. But when trying the operator
with the custom serviceAccount, I am getting this error:

io.fabric8.kubernetes.client.KubernetesClientException: Failure executing:
GET at:
https://172.20.0.1/apis/apps/v1/namespaces/MYNAMESPACE/deployments/MYAPPNAME.
Message: Forbidden!Configured service account doesn't have access. Service
account may have been revoked. deployments.apps "MYAPPNAME" is forbidden:
User "system:serviceaccount:MYNAMESPACE:MYSERVICEACCOUNT" cannot get
resource "deployments" in API group "apps" in the namespace "MYNAMESPACE".

Does the serviceAccount needs additional permissions beside configMap edit
to be able to run HA using the operator?

Thanks,

Javier Vegas

Re: serviceAccount permissions issue for high availability in operator 1.1

Posted by Yang Wang <da...@gmail.com>.
The standalone mode will be supported in the release-1.2, which is
expected to be released at the beginning of October.

Best,
Yang

Javier Vegas <jv...@strava.com> 于2022年9月12日周一 04:52写道:

Posted by Javier Vegas <jv...@strava.com>.