Posted to dev@seatunnel.apache.org by Lucifer Tyrant <ty...@apache.org> on 2023/03/19 09:42:05 UTC

[Proposal] Follow a standardized commit message format

Hi all,

During the preparation process for this release, the difficulty of
organizing the release notes exceeded my expectations.

Clear commit messages can help committers merge code with fewer
modifications and facilitate the creation of organized release notes.

Therefore, after conducting some research, I found that using
commitlint[1] can perfectly address this pain point.

For more detailed commit message guidelines, please refer to
https://github.com/apache/incubator-seatunnel/pull/4369/files#diff-ed6a0c73aed8168c8f4d2c6ac678c94bab51cdba62fe41241f39ad203153d0d1R46.

In this pull request
https://github.com/apache/incubator-seatunnel/pull/4369 I implement
this feature, everyone is welcome to participate in the review process
together.

[1] commitlint commitlint - https://commitlint.js.org/