Posted to dev@gora.apache.org by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com> on 2016/05/16 16:12:07 UTC

JProfiling

Hi Folks,
Has anyone ever profiled our unit test suite to see what performance issues
may be present in the code?
I think it would be a pretty interesting one.
Thanks
Lewis

--
*Lewis*

Re: JProfiling

Posted by Furkan KAMACI <fu...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I also plan to test performance of Gora. This was my proposal for last
Apache: Big Data. Lewis suggested to check performance issues but on the
other hand we should see the performance of using just Cassandra, Gora
MapReduce on Cassandra, Gora SparkEngine on Cassandra, just MongoDB, so on
and so forth.

There are two main approaches we should consider to benchmark.
Computational heavy tasks and memory heavy task. Also, I really wonder
about the performance of my Spark implementation :)

If we can show that using Gora does not decrease performance statistically
significant then it may be a strong argument for us to encourage people to
use Gora.

We should write a benchmark package to achieve it. I'm really interested to
help it.

Kind Regards,
Furkan KAMACI

Re: JProfiling