Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Mahesh Varma, Y. A." <y....@accenture.com> on 2019/05/31 13:50:47 UTC

Two related Solr issues

Hi Team,

What happens to Sitecore - Solr query handling when a core is corrupted in Solr slave in a Master - slave setup?

Our Sitecore site's solr search engine is a master-slave setup. One of the cores of the Slave is corrupted and is not available at all in Slave.

It is not being replicated from Master too (Expecting index replication to do this but core is completely missing in Slave). As read in index replication documentation, all the queries are handled by Slave part of the set up.

What happens to the queries that are handled by this core that is missing in slave?

Will they be taken over by Master?

Please help me as I can find no info about this anywhere else. For info the core that is missing is of Sitecore analytics index.

solr<https://sitecore.stackexchange.com/questions/tagged/solr> analytics-index<https://sitecore.stackexchange.com/questions/tagged/analytics-index>

The error that Solr slave showing us for Analytics core is:

rg.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Error opening new searcher
        at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.<init>(SolrCore.java:815)
        at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.<init>(SolrCore.java:658)
        at org.apache.solr.core.CoreContainer.create(CoreContainer.java:637)
        at org.apache.solr.core.CoreContainer$1.call(CoreContainer.java:381)
        at org.apache.solr.core.CoreContainer$1.call(CoreContainer.java:375)
        at org.apache.solr.common.util.ExecutorUtil$MDCAwareThreadPoolExecutor$1.run(ExecutorUtil.java:148)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1152)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:622)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Can you please help us here why this happened? We could not find any info from the logs that is leading us to this error.

Thanks & Regards,

Y Mahesh Varma.

www.accenture.com

Re: Two related Solr issues

Posted by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com>.
The sitecore app will get errors when that core is not found, and it is then up to the failover logic in sitecore to try the master. You should of course add back the missing core and let it sync up.

Sendt fra min iPad

Re: Two related Solr issues

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.