Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by kumar <pa...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/29 13:28:41 UTC

Sharding for Multi Cores

I have a situation that getting response from two cores for a single request.

I need to use custom request handler to get the responses.

For Example:

core1 and core2 both are having the request handler namely "/abc".

If i use individually in the following way i am getting proper results.

http://localhost:1111/solr/core1/abc/suggest?s=abc

http://localhost:1111/solr/core2/abc/suggest?s=abc

But how can i write a single query to combine both the above queries.

Re: Sharding for Multi Cores

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
You can't AFAIK. Solr treats these cores as completely
separate entities. Plus, scores across the separate
cores cannot be assumed to be comparable. In fact,
there's not even any guarantee that the two
cores have _any_ fields in common, so this isn't
something that can be solved generally.

The app layer, or the custom request handler need
to handle this.

Best,
Erick