Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Shriyan Sanmuganathan <ss...@asdyn.com> on 2003/05/08 17:28:19 UTC

OJB or Torgue

Hi
   I'm new to this mailing list and new to OJB as well. I'm going to develop a servlet base application using Tomcat and Postgresql DB. If there any sample code can anyone share with me about using OJB and Tomcat and Database. I have develop applications using jsp and Java Beans but I wanted to learn about OJB and  would like to keep the business objects separately.

Thanks
Shriyan

Re: OJB or Torgue

Posted by "Robert r. Sanders" <ro...@ipov.net>.
Shriyan Sanmuganathan wrote:

>Hi
>   I'm new to this mailing list and new to OJB as well. I'm going to develop a servlet base application using Tomcat and Postgresql DB. If there any sample code can anyone share with me about using OJB and Tomcat and Database. I have develop applications using jsp and Java Beans but I wanted to learn about OJB and  would like to keep the business objects separately.
>

>Thanks
>Shriyan

I don't have any sample code handy right now.  I'm just starting on a
small project with this.  The plan is to use : OJB inside of Struts 1.1
Actions , and then use DynaFormBeans to transfer data to/from the JSP
views.  This will be a web-app only, so anything more than this would be
over kill for me.  From the code I have played with so far this looks to
be a relatively clean way of implementing this.

--
    Robert r. Sanders
    Chief Technologist